Wednesday, November 4, 2015

2 munthz yo

Well, it’s been two months!  I’m officially a resident and I’m on my way to getting a visa.  I’ve even got my name written on the mail slot.  I’ve been to two more countries.  I’ve tried new beer and cheese and wine and gummy bears.  I’ve joined a swimming pool.  I’ve enjoyed many a bike ride through a sunny field or park.  I’ve learned how to dress for 45 degree (F) weather and enjoy it.  I’ve reconnected with many old friends and have made plans to visit even more.  But I’d be lying through my teeth if I were to tell you right now that I don’t miss home.

I miss my dogs.  I miss my family.  I miss my friends.  I miss the unrelenting heat and humidity.  I miss veggie dinner nights.  I miss bagels.  I miss listening to NPR in the morning.  I miss working outside.  I miss doing my physical therapy exercises in a nice gym.  I miss running into friendly faces at FSU or the JCA.  I even miss the fact that bars close at 2 a.m. so we all go home and chug water together.  If you’re reading this, I probably miss you too.

I know full well that I am damn lucky to be where I am right now.  Trust me, I’m trying to make the most of it.  But I also know the only reason I can be here is because the loving community I left at home supports me.  Y’all (sorry for not using “you guys,” mom) keep me going every day.  Whether it’s a silly snapchat or a few minutes of FaceTime, I need and appreciate it more than you know.  So shout out to all you guys who stick with me even though I left.  Here are some screenshots to prove it :P












To Sam and Dre - sorry I couldn't find a decent screen shot :P

1 comment:

  1. We love you and miss you tons too! Awesome photo of yo mama and Nana!

    ReplyDelete