Thursday, August 7, 2014

Luck

One of my IPP friends was raised believing there is no such thing as luck.  Her father had to work for every thing he earned and never got a taste of that little thing called luck.  But however you choose to define it, I am well aware of my luck.  I am lucky to be from the USA.  I am lucky to be part of a family that never lacked anything.  I am lucky to be a university student, let alone one without debt.  And I am incredibly lucky to have traveled.


Throughout this trip I have learned more than I can wrap my head around.  I have learned about Amazonian culture, NGOs, what it takes to get into university here, transportation systems, and more.  But most of all I have learned from the people here.  No matter what amount of money they have, they try and enjoy life to it’s fullest. Obrigada to each and every person I met here.  Obrigada Brasil.  The sun may have set on my time here, but with a little luck, I’ll be back again soon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment