Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sou Bem, Floripa

As I set here on my bed writing this, with less than 8 hours until my flight, I still can't come to terms with leaving Floripa.  I already said goodbye to my host brother, but it felt more like good night just like every other night.  It's hard to realize that I'm leaving when everything here just fits.  The only good thing about this feeling is I know it means I will return.  Of all the places I've been in Brasil, Floripa is by far my favorite.  I think I owe most of that to my wonderful host family.  It's hard to express how much they, and everyone else I have met here, mean to me.  I am very thankful for my time on Ilha Magia.

Although this part of my journey is ending, tomorrow another one begins.  I am traveling to Campinas, Sao Paulo, do to an International People's Project with CISV.  We are working with an NGO that helps inner city youth through a variety of before and after school programs.   I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have, so this might be goodbye for a few weeks.  To conclude, one of the slogans of the island is "Sou Bem, Floripa," or "I'm well, Floripa."  Obrigada Floripa, Sou Bem :)

No comments:

Post a Comment